TL8 just reached an important milestone: the 10th version! What has been done since 0.0.1?
Improved User Experience
While using TL8 for a customer project, I realized that I wanted to know which translations were currently visible. I asked a UX designer who recommended to introduce a panel on the left that would display all the visible translations in the current view.
I fixed some bugs, of course. Software comes with bugs. That was expected.
I introduced a web version. The first versions of the TL8 application were only available as native applications. I thought that this could become a barrier that discourages users from trying TL8. TL8 is written with web technologies (Electron, Angular, HTML/CSS/JS). Converting it to a web application, available under app.tl8.io, was very easy. I increased the conversion rate by almost 100%.
TL8 has been downloaded 50 times and the web app opened 50 times as well. 100 users. Version 0.0.10. Those numbers fit well together.